Thursday, July 19, 2012

Flower Pillow

I've seen flower pillows at all the stores & each time I reach for one I flinch at the price. How can one stinkin' pillow cost so much?!

I decided to make my own and here's how I did it.

1. Covered an existing pillow with my choice of blue fabric

2. Cut half moon shapes from white fabric

3. Start from the outside and place half moons in a circle. I hot glued a dot (on the straight edge) to keep them in place. Going around the circle, I stitched them by hand. This was a long process but, worth it in the end.

4. For the middle, I cut 4 circles (used a drinking glass as a guide). I gathered the circles from the middle and stitched them onto the pillow.

Ta da! The final product was definitely worth a Saturday in front of the TV (sewing, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment