Thursday, March 21, 2013

Journal Jar: Childhood Friends

March 21, 2013

Describe your childhood friends and something you did together.

The first friends that I can remember are Lauren Barlow (now Foster) & Megan Shane. Lauren lived up the street from me in our old home by Viewmont High School. We would play dress up and play with Lauren's American Girl dolls. I loved playing with her AG dolls because I always wanted one. I remember I lost my first tooth at Lauren's house while watching Mr. Limpet and eating mac & cheese :)

Lauren, Me, Megan


My elementary best friend was Mindy Smith. We did everything together! Every year during spring break (4th grade-6th grade) we would go down to her grandparent's condo in St. George. We would empty out the hall closet and shove a card table and two chairs inside and play "Veterinarian". One of us would be the secretary and the other would be the vet. We'd take care of imaginary sick horses & dogs. My most favorite/funny memory would have to be climbing on the roof of the Fisher Price log cabin in her backyard to watch her cute neighbor, Brian Roberts, mow the lawn with his shirt off...

Mindy & Me


My longest childhood friendship was with Amber Thorne. I moved in across the street from her in 4th grade and we instantly became amazing friends. We had so much fun together filming our cooking shows as Sunny & Moony. We jumped on the trampoline for hours, used scooters to get everywhere and went to Lagoon almost everyday of the summer. We would even dress alike. We had these disgusting matching orange tank tops that we wore with jean shorts. I went to my first concert with Amber (Brittney Spears- before she turned skanky).

Meg & Amber at the Brittney Spears concert
(yeah...that's my hair)


I had such fantastic childhood friends and I am grateful for the influence they all had on me. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment