Thursday, January 17, 2013

Week 40

January 17, 2013

I am on strike! NO MORE WEEK PICTURES!

The last "week" picture I post will be me at the hospital before baby Dean is born. 

My last Dr. visit was quite discouraging. I have only thinned a little aka NO dilation. My body simply isn't ready.

My mind is ready.

Baby seems to be ready (8lbs--estimate from doc).

When will my body finally be ready?!?

I have an induction date for January 21st (Monday).

I have tried just about everything (natural) to induce labor at home:

1. Long walks. 
Starting at week 38 I started walking A TON.
Giving the dogs a walk (before it got so cold)
Finding excuses to walk around Costco (because outside was so cold)
Saturday gym sessions on the treadmill

2. Spicy Foods. 
I went to Taco Time and asked for a handful of their 5 Alarm Sauce. I've been using that and Habenero Tabasco on just about EVERYTHING. I haven't really tasted my food but, my nose is running and forehead sweating from all the "heat".

3. Red Leaf Raspberry Tea.

4. Acupressure.
I even checked out books from the library for this one :)

5. Sex. (nuff said...)

Guess we'll just keep on waitin'... If he doesn't come this week, at least I KNOW I'll be leaving the hospital with my baby next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment