Friday, January 18, 2013

DIY: Turtle Mobile

January 18, 2013

While searching for baby's mobile, I never found anything I liked...

I saw a cute mobile made of felt animals on Pinterest and decided, "I can do that too!"

Obviously I chose Turtles and went to work.

Using the same fabric from Dean's crib quilt I:

1. Sketched my turtle on paper.

2. Traced the paper on 4 different solid colors (double sided

3. Sketched shell on paper

4. Traced shell on 4 patterned fabrics

5. Pinned shells on turtles & hand sewed a shell on each side of the solid turtles

6. Sewed the two turtle pieces together (by hand)

7. Stuffed each turtle with batting

8. Thread clear fishing wire and tie to mobile top.

(I found the top at the D.I--local thrift store--. I'm not sure what it's original purpose was but, it works just dandy for my mobile)




(Quilt)


No comments:

Post a Comment