Monday, February 25, 2013

Wishful Shrinking - Operation "Nobelly Prize"

I am fat.

No, I'm not self loathing or looking for compliments
..."Oh Meghan, you're not fat"...

It's the truth...I have lots of unwanted blubber. 
Isn't that the first step to recovery? Admitting you have a problem? Next step...FIX IT!

It sucks looking back at my beautiful wedding pictures and then in the mirror now. It looks like I've jabbed an air hose in my bellybutton and inflated to size "Giant"


















August 2010 - 165lbs                           January 2013 - 245 (ish)

(I should probably be super embarssed to post my fat picture and actual weight but, I'm not. Why? Even if I didn't tell you my weight, you'd still see me and know that I was a chunky monkey.)

Weighing a mere 165 lbs for my wedding, I thought I was overweight then... yeah right! My new goal weight? 160 lbs

Now on my 3rd week of diet and exercise, I only have 60 more pounds to go!

My Plan:
1. Watch what I eat. I am following Weight Watchers Plus Points program and loving it.
2. Get up off that couch and move. Hit the gym once a week and 3x week play Dance Central. The reason I chose to play DC instead of a workout dvd is because I HATE workout dvds. They are SOOO boring! Dance Central is at least entertaining and challenging.

Stats (so far):

August 2010: 165 lbs
April 2012: 198 lbs (33lb weight gain- yikes!)
January 2013: 245lbs (gave birth and lost 18 lbs)

Starting Weight for Operation "Nobelly Prize": 227


Week 1: -3 lb (224 lbs)
Week 2: -4 lb (220 lbs)


I've got a long road ahead of me but, with determination and accountability (posting on my blog), I know I can do it. 

For those who don't know, I am a huge Excel nerd. I have spreadsheets for everything. Well, on my fitness tracker I discovered that it will take me until Sept 21st (losing 2lbs per week) to reach my goal. Talking to my dad, I stated that September was such a long time away. His response is what keeps me on track. He told me that September was going to come whether or not I lost weight. Deep, right? September may seem far away but, the time is going to pass no matter what- I might as well be productive and do something great with that time. 

I am my own fairy godmother to make my wishful shrinking come true.

1 comment: