Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dollar Tree Autumn Decoration

Goal: Make a fall fireplace decoration
Budget: $5



Here's how I did it

1. Hit up Dollar Tree & bought:
~2 strands of fall foliage
~3 frames


I already had the mod podge, candles & metal pumpkin and I picked up the pine cones during one of my walks with Bruce.



2.  Remove the backs of the frames & glass. Using a hot glue gun, quickly glue down the glass to the frame.



3. Cut desired amount of leaves from fall foliage strand & Mod Podge the fronts of the leaves. Place the leaves face down on the back of the glass. Using a brush or fingers, spread a thin layer of Mod Podge over the entire glass. This will make a cool stain glass texture and will hide any imperfections. Dry overnight.



4. Hang or set your new fall frames!

Initially I wanted to hang the frames but, since we're moving, it didn't make sense to make holes in the wall that I'd have to fill in a few weeks later... :)



Simple, cheap & fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment