Monday, September 3, 2012

Gender Reveal Pinata

With the family all gathered together for our yearly trip to Nephi, I decided to make it special. I knew I'd be finding out Baby Hess' gender a few days before so I started planning for a fun reveal-- a pinata.



Here's what I did:

1. I used a punch balloon (found at Walgreen's 2 for $1), newspaper & paper mache "glue" (equal parts water and flour)


2. Cover balloon and let it dry completely. This process took me a couple of weeks because I wanted to do a ton of layers to make the pinata harder to break. 


3. After all the layers were dry, I drew a rough outline on the pinata for the tissue paper (used 10-16 sheets, found at dollar tree 8 sheets for $1)

Calin and I spent the day watching Supernatural and gluing on the blue, pink & yellow tissue paper


4. After finding out we were having a boy we hit up the nearest Winco for candy. It was surprisingly difficult to find blue candy. We used: Crunch bars, Pretzel M&Ms, blue salt water taffy & blue Jolly Ranchers. We used the remaining blue tissue paper as confetti too.




September 1, 2012
watch the family find out . . .



(please excuse my mother's crazy video tapping abilities)


No comments:

Post a Comment